Milwood's 2021 Construction Projects
Portage Road will be closed at I-94 for bridge repairs. The closure will be from 8pm Friday, April 30th until 6am Monday, May 3rd.
Suggested detours are as follows:
1. Detour to the Airport: Go south on Portage then west on Kilgore to Lovers Lane. South on Lovers Lane to Milham Road. East on Milham Road to Portage Rd. North on Portage to the airport.
2. Detour to Air Zoo, Pfizer and south: Same as #1, except at Milham & Portage go south to Air Zoo, Pfizer and south or Pfizer traffic can also go Lovers Lane south to Romence and then east to Portage.
3. Detour east to I-94 and south to Stryker, etc.: Take East Cork St. to Sprinkle Road then go south to I-94, Stryker facilities, etc..
4. Streets & ramps still open at I-94 and Portage/Kilgore
a. WB entrance from Portage Rd to I-94 will still be open
b. Kilgore Road will be open over I-94 to Portage Rd.
c. Kilgore Rd. west off Portage will remain open.
d. Kilgore Service Rd. will also be open still to two way traffic until Monday morning when they switch to the one-way configuration.
**This is the Detour route, traffic uses Kilgore Road and Kilgore Service road around the bridge as it is being
I-94 from Lovers Lane to Sprinkle Road:
1. Construction to begin in mid-April 2021 and go thru 2023
2. Expect some lane closures and lane changes
3. Reconstruction of Portage Rd. & I-94 interchange
4. Expect some ramp closures at interchange & lane closures along Portage Road
Miller Road Re-do:
1. Miller Rd from Portage to Emerald will be paved in 2021. Apr. 15th to May 31st
2. Emerald Dr. from E. Cork to Miller Rd. will be paved in 2021. Apr. 15th to May 31st
3. Miller Rd from Emerald Dr. to the City Limits will be paved in 2022 . No dates yet
4. No detours planned at this time
Portage St. from E. Cork St. to Stockbridge and there will also be some construction on Portage from Stockbridge to Pitcher.
Update on I-94 construction from the prime contractor, HNTB Corporation. We are performing the Construction Engineering on behalf of MDOT for the I-94 reconstruction between Lovers Lane and Sprinkle Road. This project also includes reconstructing the Kilgore Service Road which will begin today. I wanted to write to you to keep you informed of the upcoming stages of construction of Kilgore Service Road.
Stage 1 – Traffic will be in a two-way configuration on the north half of Kilgore Service Road. The contractor will work on removals and storm sewer and road construction on the south half. Driveways on the south side of Kilgore Service Road will be maintained and coordinated with businesses. This stage is currently scheduled through May 2.
Stage 2 – Traffic will be in a one-way configuration on the north half of the road heading eastbound from Portage Road to Kilgore Road. The contractor will work on storm sewer and road reconstruction on the south half of the road. Driveways on the south side of Kilgore Service Road will be maintained and coordinated with businesses. The contractor estimates this stage will take 4 to 5 weeks.
Stage 3 – Traffic will return to two-way configuration, now on the south half of Kilgore Service Road. The contractor will work on removals and storm sewer and road reconstruction on the north half. Driveways on the north side of Kilgore Service Road will be maintained and coordinated with businesses. This stage is estimated to take approximately 3 weeks.